- Long Title
- Banner Title
- Id photos without linguistic version
Project appraisal is carried out by the EIB's teams of engineers, economists and financial analysts, in close cooperation with the promoter.
Criteria for a typical EIB appraisal are tailored to each specific project. Results are included in the project report to the Board of Directors for a financing decision.
- eligibility (consistency with the EU's priority objectives)
- Overall quality and soundness
Project quality is based on:
- definition of the project's "technical description";
- technical soundness, innovative technology, risks and mitigation measures;
- information on capacity for products/services.
- promoter capability to implement the planned project;
- information on timing and employment during implementation;
- promoter's capability to operate and maintain the project;
- information on production/service, operating and maintenance costs, employment during operational life.
- compliance with applicable legislation and EIB guidelines.
- compliance with applicable legislation;
- information on environmental impact assessment.
Market and demand:
- analysis of the products/services demand over the project's life, with reference to sectoral studies of the Projects Directorate.
- information on project costs and its detailed components;
- comparison with cost of similar projects.
- information on financial profitability and related indicators (e.g. rate of return);
- information on economic profitability.
Once financed, the project's progress is regularly monitored.
- Central Box
- Related page title
- Related page summary
- ID photo
- Sub Article
- Right column
- Related Documents