Who is eligible
- Commercial banks
- National promotional banks and institutions
- Other financial institutions
What is eligible
The Bank can share risk on assets aligned with one or more EIB priorities. Those assets can be either:
- Pre-existent, where the guarantee comes with the obligation to create a new portfolio of loans at a pre-defined volume or (a de-linked structure)
- To be created during an agreed ramp-up period (usually two to three years) or until the portfolio reaches a pre-defined volume (a linked structure).
Replenishment of existing portfolio may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Reimbursement for a fixed percentage of incurred losses typically amounts to a maximum of 50%.
Find information on pricing, geographical availability and other terms. Depending on the project, it may also qualify for support under our mandates or third party resources.
- Risk-sharing guarantees (linked and de-linked)
- Supply chain (reverse factoring) guarantees
- Trade finance guarantees
A project financed by EIB typically goes through seven major stages: proposal, appraisal, approval, signature, disbursement, monitoring/reporting and repayment.