Our response to the pandemic outside the European Union
Coronavirus is affecting each and everyone of us around the world. There is only one way to tackle this pandemic: setting aside our differences and bringing together what unites us. Here is our response to the pandemic outside the EU:
- We will offer financing and assistance for healthcare and business resilience to more than 100 countries.
- We have contributed €1.7 billion to help the Western Balkans recover from the pandemic. Our contribution is part of an EU package worth €3.3 billion.
- We partner with the World Health Organization to support health care in 10 African countries and offer diagnostic tests and protective equipment for people who need help the most.
- We have joined a wide range of international players pledging urgent funding for vaccines, diagnostics and treatments.
- We expanded our partnership with UNDP to get projects off the ground in situations of emergency and fragility, where time is of the essence to save lives.
- We joined our Development Finance Institutions partners from across Europe to provide €280 million of financing for COVID-19 impacted businesses in developing countries.
- We joined a new and global coalition that will address the inequality of global energy access, spearheading a green and equitable recovery from COVID-19, which will create a more inclusive, sustainable future for all.
We work hard on the ground to ensure that our investments have a major impact. We fight deforestation and climate change. We create good jobs in rural areas and improve journey times on sustainable urban transport. We provide clean energy, clean water and sanitation. Our new projects outside the EU in the last five years (2014-2019) will result in
We improve lives worldwide
Effective solutions for today’s most pressing global challenges
We emphasise areas critical to sustainable development.
In the spotlight
Meet the people behind our projects.
Our financing and advisory tools
Innovative finance and expertise for people, planet and prosperity
How our projects tackle global challenges