The EIB provides finance for projects that improve people’s lives, promoting sustainable and inclusive growth.
The Bank is able to borrow money at attractive rates and plays a leading role in the green bond market.
Respecting human rights
Respect for human rights is a fundamental value at the European Investment Bank. Equality and human dignity are central to our mission.
Our internal commitment
Reducing our internal carbon footprint is consistent with our environmental and social, principles and standards for the projects we finance.
Managing our environment
As Europe’s climate bank, we continuously evaluate, report, and improve our environmental performance
Reporting on sustainability
The EIB Group is committed to the highest levels of transparency in sustainability reporting. Find our latest reports.
In the spotlight
- EIB Group Sustainability Report 2021
- EIB Group Environmental Statement 2022
- Carbon Footprint Report 2021
- EIB Group Environmental Statement 2021
- EIB Group Sustainability Report 2020
- EIB Group Carbon Footprint Report 2020
- EIB Group Carbon Footprint Report 2019
- EIB Group Sustainability Report 2019
- EIB Group – Environmental Statement 2019
- EIB Group 2018 Sustainability Report
- EIB Group – Environmental Statement 2018
- EIB Group Carbon Footprint Report 2018
- The EIB Group a sustainable institution
- 2017 EIB Group Corporate Governance Report
- EIB Group – EMAS Environmental Policy
- 2018 EIB Group Corporate Governance Report
- Carbon Footprint Report 2017
- EIB Group 2017 Sustainability Report